As mobile data network service becomes faster with new 3G & 4G technology, more and more people using their mobile device for video chat. Video calling on smartphones has come a long way in a relatively short amount of time, and the tools available for Android have matured from gimmicky to genuinely useful. Most of the new smartphone now features a front-facing camera, and with blazing fast internet connection.
Video chats are not only convenient – we’re always with our smartphones so we can hold a video call wherever or whenever – it also offers the chance to communicate to someone else face-to-face. While most smartphones come equipped with built-in video software, they may not function across all platforms. So, if you’re looking to get on board with video chat for all phones, then skype is the one of them best free video calling app for android. This is an amazing app, not only you can use it for video calling purpose also you can use it to share you screen and send any file for free. If you don’t know how to use to to sahre screen and send a file then read the article and you will get your answare.
How to setup
- Go to the Skype official website
- Select device as computer
- Select on which platform do you want the Skype whether it windows, mac, Linux or if it
- Download the Skype setup file
- Double-click on the setup file and install
- Now you can log in through facebook or Microsoft account
For mobile and tablet
- Go to the skype official website
- Select device as mobile or tablet
- Select operating system like android, iOS, windows, blackberry
- Click on the ‘Get the app’ option and give your mobile number
- Click on the link you get and it will redirect to app location in the web then you can install
- Now you can login into Skype through facebook, Microsoft account or to create a new account.
Simply you can download through app stores. If you are using android then from play store, if you using windows phone from windows app store, if it is iPhone from apple app store …Etc
How to share screen
Skype offering screen sharing option to their customers now, through this option we can share our screen visibility to others. Whatever we do in our system it is visible to opposite person through screen sharing option, they can see our photos without sending to them and also they can see IM conversations. Users will allow sharing screen with one person without premium service, for group sharing premium account is necessary, currently, Skype giving one-month free premium service for users. You need to keep one thing in mind only one person can share his or her screen at a time but remain features like audio, video and instant messaging will work.
Note: For mobile users there is no facility for screen sharing
The following steps will show you how to share screen with another person on skype
- Select the contact person on your list to whom do want to share the screen
- Connect the audio/video call with him/her (screen sharing option only available during call time only)
- You click on the ‘+’ symbol you have seen some options among those choose the ‘share screens’ option. Once you click on the option you get again two options start and cancel if, u want to start then click on start option.
- Once you click on the start option you can share your screen with the other person here you have a two options again those are share screen or share window. If you select share window option only particular window will appear to another person
How to send files
Skype also offering files send option; through this facility, we can send files to include images, videos, video messages, and documents…Etc.
Steps to send files in skype
- Select the contact that you want to send the files in a contacts list.
- Click on the paperclip, it shows some options choose to send file option.
- If you want to send multiple files, press and hold ctrl button on the keyboard while you select each file. If the person was in offline he will receive the files after him/her sign into the account. The sent data will appear in your history.
- You can also send files during audio/video call also, What you need to do is same as screen sharing options click on + button it will show send file option. Then, you can send files during the call.
So friends that’s it, hope you guys successfully got your ans after reading this article. If not or have you any other related question then drop a comment. Just follow the above steps and start video calling, screen sharing or send file to any other guy and enjoy. 🙂